The college has well furnished Library with 18898 numbers books proceed out of college fund. UGC assistance and public donation. For providing photocopies to the students and staff at subsidized rate a photocopier has been installed inside the library for accession, cataloging and rare being done through a well designed software. It is managed by librarian a junior Librarian and Library attendant under the impression of duly constituted a library committee of senior faculties.
Rule of the Library
1. Membership of Tulasi Women’s College Library is confined to the bonafide students and employees of the college.
2. Only the members of the library are entitled to use it.
3. Books are issued to students of different classes according to the time schedule notified from time to time.
4. No Book shall be taken out of the library until it has been property entered in the loan register and the entry attested by the borrower.
5. Each borrower must examine the conditions of the books before they are issued, otherwise, in case of mutilaton discovered later, the responsibility will lie with the borrower.
6. Books shall be returned within the time limit allowed to the borrowers as follows. Class of Borrowers Maximum no. Of books allowed Time allowed A. Principal, Readers, Sr. Lectures & Lecturers 25 books (including books of other subjects temporarity) 2 or 3 months B. PET, Demonstrators, Asst. Librarian 7 Books 2 or 3 months C. Laboratory Assts. 7 Books 2 or 3 months D. Store Keepers & Clerical Staff 7 Books 2 or 3 months E. Menial Staff 5 Books 2 or 3 months F. +3 (Hons) Students +3 Pass Students +2 Arts , Science & Commerce students 3 Books 2 Books 2 Books 15 days 15 days 15 days 7. When the date of return of a book fails on an authorized holiday, it should be returned to the library the day the library reopens.
8 All books belonging to the library and in possession of the borrowers shall be returned to the library before the college closes for any long vacation or before the date notified for the purpose.
9. Bokks borrowed from the library should be returned immediately on receipt of a notice from the authorities.
10 Improper use of library books like tearing pages, disfiguring or mutilating will be considered as breach of privilege, hence punishable by the authority.
11. The Principal has the right to stop the issue of certain books to all or sone borrowers. 12. If a book is damaged or lost by a borrower, she/he will have to replace the same by a new one or pay four times the market price of the book. In case where price of the book cannot be ascertained she/he should pay the amount of compensation fixed by the Principal.
13. If a copy of a series is lost , the borrower shall have to replaced the copy or she/he shall have to pay the cost of the entire series at market price.
14. A student borrower who keeps library books overtime shall have to pay a fine of 50 paise per book for each day of delay. Application for reduction or exemption of fine will not be entertained.
15. A book may be reissued to a borrower if there is no demand for the same by any other intending borrower.
16. Since books issued to a borrower are to be entered in the library (borrowers) card. Students must submit their cards along with slip for requisition and at the time of return they shall have to submit the card at the libray counter for necessary entry.
17. Students are not permitted to go beyond the library counter.
18. Students are expected to keep the library premises clean and observe silence in and around the library and reading room.
19. No students can enter the reading room without submitting her identity Card.
20. No student can take any book outside the reading room, nor can she leave the reading room without returning the book issued to her to the library.
21. Only one book at a time may be issued to a students for use in the reading book.
22. Students are not allowed to take some referencebooks, rare books, maps, courses of studies, question, university or CHSE documents outside the library premises for use.
23. Library cards are issued to bonafide students after admission by the librarian on verification of their identity Cards In the case of loss of the library Card a duplicate card can be issued on application through the librarian and on payment of requisite fine.
24. The library and Reading room premises should not be used for any purpose otherthan reading or consulting the books and periodicals of the library.
25. A borrower is supposed to know the library rules and is supposed to have agreed to abide by them. Ignorance of the library rules will be no excuse for breach of any rules.